Pretty in Pink

Saturday, July 21, 2007

I love Chuck

Any of you who know me well, know that weddings are not really my thing. So, as some of you know, I was really, really dreading the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and bachelorette party that I had to go to last night. However, I had one of the most fun nights of the summer.

We got to our hotel around 4 yesterday. I showered and got dressed and ready to head over to the church. I ended up riding over with Meredith's brother, Zach, and his girlfriend. The rehearsal went pretty well. It was very intense. It's a traditional Catholic wedding so I have to remember to bow when I go up and down from reading. I'm pretty much petrified that I'll forget something.

I rode over to the dinner with three of the bridesmaids, Kate, Beth, and Jessica, and Beth's boyfriend, Dan. Kate and I used to swim together and she, Meredith, and I went on a People to People trip to Europe when we were in high school. I've also known Beth a little bit over the years, just through Meredith. We definitely had some good laughs in the car. Especially when Jessica didn't see a stop light and had to slam on her breaks when Kate pointed it out.

Dinner was good, we all sat together. Everyone I was with ordered a glass of wine and I had a Diet Coke. The waiter asked me if I was 18, because I guess I look 18? I laughed at him. He carded everyone at the table for their wine. But later, when I ordered a drink later, he didn't card me. I guess laughing at him worked?

We ran back to the hotel to change quick and then headed out for a pretty tame bachelorette party. I was able to change my shoes and purse to match my new outfit, but I forgot to change my hairclip. It was driving me nuts because it was black and everything else was brown. Yes, I know I have OCD.

Anyway, so it was all of the bridesmaids, me, and the wives/girlfriends of the groomsmen and ushers. And we had a BLAST! Kate made Meredith a shirt that said, "I love Chuck." It was pretty cute. We just sat in the bar, had a few drinks, talked and laughed A LOT, and even played Kate's version of the Newlywed game with Meredith. Chuck's answers (sent to Kate in an e-mail back in May) were hilarious.

Some of my favorite quotes from the night:

"Do you want to go driving around with Ross and drink some homemade beer?"- Beth
"Who the heck is Ross?" - All the rest of us

"Oh, he must be a Libra. When is his birthday? Yep, he is." - Jessica

"What time is it now on military time? 24:37?" - Kim

"And blady-blah-blah." (x6 times just at the bar) - Jessica

"Are you in the Brown family?" - Kim

I also enjoyed our talks about nicknames (Mr. Big, Teach, etc.) and our merciless making fun of Kate for being the "Matron of Honor."

I'll blog sometime when I get home about the wedding and reception. I'm sure it'll be fun!

And I heard the Twins had a good game last night. I can't wait to see it!

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I saw Janet, I saw Janet, I saw Janet!

Sure, it doesn't have anything to do with your post, but I saw Janet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home