Pretty in Pink

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Get out that broom!

Here is the cue for those of you who aren't Twins fans to stop reading... I have gotten a lot of grief this week from you crazy non-baseball followers (what the heck is wrong with you?!?) about my incessant Twins blogging. All I have to say is... Deal with it. The season is half-way over, but don't expect me to let-up on it until the bitter end.

Our first series after the All-Star break was against the Oakland A's. I was very hopeful that we could have a strong start to the second half and my hopes were definitely realized. We swept Oakland in a 4-game series. Holy wow am I excited! Apparently the sweep was so exciting that Lucy couldn't resist the urge to text me about it :P

I watched Thursday's game, but it was very late at night and I was a little out of it. I didn't see any of Friday's game, but I was getting updates from Matt. I was able to watch most of last night's game from the hotel room in Mason City. And I listened to the 3rd through 8th innings of today's game in the car and then watched the 9th inning when I got home. It was definitely some great baseball. I'm glad I have all the games Moxied so I can watch them tonight when Beth gets home.

Thursday's Score: 6-2
Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

Cuddles was arguably one of the players struggling the most at the plate before the break. But boy did he ever come out swinging on Thursday. He went 4 for 4 with 1 run and 1 RBI.

Friday's Score: 5-3
Boyfriend of the Day: Johan Santana

He's always been a second-half pitcher. I hope this year is no different than the others. He pitched 7 innings today and only gave up 4 hits. He had 8 Ks and no earned runs. Yay for Johan!

Saturday's Score: 4-3
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Tyner

Oh how I love Jason Jason. And I'm finally able to give him the nod as my B.O.D. He was 2 for 3 with an RBI today and that included a double.

Sunday's Score: 4-3
Boyfriend of the Day: Joe Mauer

Mauer had the walk-off hit today to complete our sweep! He was 3 for 4 with a walk and an RBI. He even stole a base to cap off an incredible day as our DH.

Basically, it was a great weekends for my Twins :) I didn't think it was possible, but after today, I'm even more excited to go to the game on Wednesday. We have two really tough teams coming in next week, but I have faith in my team.

On Friday night, Beth and I were watching KTTC in our hotel room. Yeah, we got the Rochester news in Mason City. Anyway, we watched the sports highlights to see what the final Twins score was. The sportscaster said, "And Jeff Cirillo went wee, wee, wee, wee all the way to third." Beth and I stared silently at the TV for a few moments, we then turned to each other and busted up laughing. Her comment was, "This is why we watch ESPN for our sports coverage." How right you are, Beth. How right you are.

Top 5 Boyfriends of the Day
1 - The Fiance (10)
2 - Tiny Superhero (9)
3 - Cuddles (7)
4 - Jason Pear (6)
5 - Kubel Khan & Johan (3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home