Pretty in Pink

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Pear Boy

Beth and I were watching the Twins game today and we were talking about how Jason Pear never seems to catch a break. Did anyone else think that call at first in the 2nd inning was a little sketchy? Anyway, I decided to devote a blog just to Jason Pear.

* Even though Beth doesn't really like it, I've given Bartlett another nickname. I seem to call him Pear Boy an awful lot lately.

* Beth has a life-size poster of Jason Pear upstairs, but she hasn't hung it up yet.

* Jason Pear has gone 16 for 17 in stolen bases this year. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is. I even made a sign to keep track of his stolen bases. It's on the wall by the TV.

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

He was only 1 for 4, but he had 2 runs and 2 RBIs on a double.

Today's game was pretty depressing. I can't believe Neshekel gave up that two run homer. Ugh, it went straight through my heart. And we got so close in the 9th. Dang. On the bright side, I did get to watch Tiny Superhero run. I wish I could get some of my swimmers to swim with that kind of intensity. AND he broke a 22 at-bat hitless streak. I didn't realize it was that bad! I'm glad he redeemed himself a tad bit offensively today.

We only have 4 games left until the All-Star break. At that point I will post a tally of all the B.O.D.s so far this season. I'll say that the Fiance and Tiny Superhero are leading the way right now. Pear Boy and Cuddly Cuddy might make a run for it, though. Stay tuned.

And don't forget to read ...only another Twins blog... and leave comments. It's my new favorite Twins blog. Okay, so what if it's the only Twins blog that I read. It's still really good.

3 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Probably didn't help Pat's chances of making it to the All-Star game, huh? Bad news was that he did it in New York. Good news was that it was probably after the voting ended anyway. Still very sad...

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Janet said...

It was very sad. I cried. Okay, not really. But almost.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I guess he is human after all. Well, at least mostly-human. More so than me at least...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home