Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! My day started with coaching, of course. We gave all the kids sugar to send them off to enjoy a day with their parents. Haha! We gave the Age Groupers ice cream cones, the Junior Groupers ice cream cones and cookies, and the Gold and Silver Groupers ice cream cones and cupcakes. Oh how I adore holidays!

After work, our day really started. Matt brought Megan over and then we all went to see "Ratatouille." It's a really funny movie. Pixar has done it again. But I expected as much. Pixar doesn't make bad movies. It's definitely up there with my favorites. "Finding Nemo" still has a stronghold on the top spot, though.

We came home and watched the Twins game. Unfortunately, some one in my family left the TV on when we left, so we came home and saw the final score. Grr. It was still well worth watching though. More on that later... Next, we played Mario Party on Wii for awhile. I am yet to win a game. In fact, of the six times we've played, I've been last five times. Either I really suck at the game, or I just have the worst luck in the world. I'm hoping it's the latter.

When we got hungry, we decided it was time for dinner. We hit for .333 tonight. First we tried Fiesta, but it was closed. Then we drove up to Whistle Binkies, but it was close. Finally we got to Carlos O'Kelly's and ate there. After dinner we played some more Wii and that's about it. We were going to watch the fireworks, but we got lazy and we weren't thrilled with the weather.

I didn't blog yet about last night's Twins game. But I don't think I want to. It was not a pretty sight. However...

Boyfriend of the Day: Justin Morneau

He had two hits and gave me a little hope where not much could be found.

Today's game was WAY better. I did feel slightly pathetic when I was excited that we got a run. I asked how many scoreless innings we had gone only to realize it really hadn't been THAT bad. Santana pitched another great game. I'm glad he seems to be out of his funk. Let's hope our offense can stay alive and get our pitchers some run support. Bartlett and Hunter both scored two runs today and Kubel and Rodriguez each hit a two run homer (Hunter was on base for both of them).

The B.O.D. selection was a tad hard today because I'd like to award it to someone for their offensive contributions. Clearly, that's what we've been lacking these past few games. However, when Tiny Superhero makes a play like he did today, I'm going to go with him.

Boyfriend of the Day: Nick Punto

I haven't gotten to watch Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter yet, but I will. And if he's not in the Top Plays and Web Gems, I will be livid!

And how for the shameless plug part of my program...

A few months ago, I linked to Bat-Girl's blog. Lucy had told me about it and I really liked it. I was probably only reading for a few weeks when she decided to quit writing. Well we don't have to wait any longer for another Twins blog because Lucy decided to start one today! YAY! I've linked to it, so all of you Twins fans should check it out and comment for her.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I heard on the radio today (WFAN) on my way to work that Punto's play did get the top spot on Sports Center, I believe. Could be wrong on which one though.

We really need someone to fill in for Batgirl's Lego re-enactments. Those were great...

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Janet said...

It did. He actually had two on Top Plays and the number 1 Web Gem!

Haha, yeah. You should do it!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Okay, I'm going to try it... I've recruited help :) Stay tuned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home