Pretty in Pink

Monday, July 02, 2007

Erik's Predictions

Yesterday was a good day. We planned a lunch with Connie, Meredith, Joyce, Amy, Mom, and me at Whistle Binkies on the Lake. The Moms (Connie, Joyce, and my mom) have been friends for years. I know that Connie and my mom met when Meredith and I were two. I'm not sure when they met Joyce, but I think it was either at the same time, or really close to it. Over the years we've done lots together. Yesterday we reminisced about our crazy political memories like doing mailings, meeting Barbara Bush, and having some random guy ask us if our parents made us dress like clowns (we were wearing Bush hats as 10 year-olds).

The lunch yesterday was basically instead of a bridal shower for Meredith (who's wedding is only 2 weeks from Saturday in Chicago!). It was so fun to get all of us together. We really need to do it more often. We had some great laughs and it was really fun to catch up on everyone's lives.

I learned a very valuable lesson, too. If you're sitting outside at a restaurant, either sit under the umbrella or not under it. Sitting half-way under it leaves you with a very strange sunburn. I have one bright red arm and one tan one. Ha!

The Twins game yesterday was another good one. It was another great pitcher's duel out of Baker. He threw something like 79 pitches, and only gave up 3 hits. I'm pretty sure it counts as a complete game for him, too. It was quite impressive and the commentators on all the sports shows were talking about how phenomenal he was (heck yes!). It's too bad that one bad pitch cost him and the Twins the game. Stupid home runs. It's also too bad we couldn't get our hits in the same inning. We did have six of them. It's always hard to go scoreless.

I should also mention that Bartlett had 5 of the first 7 outs. I found it rather humorous. I think he go the shaft not making Web Gems on one of them, but whatever. That's just the media bias against the Twins.

Anyway, that's all okay because we still won the series. I really didn't expect us to sweep. I was really, really pleased with Baker's performance. And that's why...

Boyfriend of the Day: Scott Baker

So I got to the pool this morning and one of the coaches, Erik, (a crazy Yankees fan from back East) gave me three predictions.

#1 - The Twins will sweep the Yankees.
#2 - Joe Torre will not be the manager after the All-Star break.

#3 - Mike Hargrove will be the new manager.

We'll see if he's right. I'm definitely hoping he is. Especially on #1 :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home