Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Oh happy day

Both yesterday and today were really good days. Really long days, but really good days. I've been covering some early morning coaching for my boss who is out of town and I have not been compensating by going to bed early. Oh well. You only live once, right?

Last night I spent some time in Stewartville with old friends. We met up at Greg & Jennie's with Laura and her mom. We all know each other through T.E.C. and then Laura and I both worked for Greg out at Lutherdale the summer after our freshman year of college. Laura went to school out in Seattle and that's where she still lives. I don't think I had seen her since our summer at camp, so it had been 6 years. It was so nice to catch up and reminisce :)

Then today I got to have lunch with Lucy. We met at 11:30. She was on time, I was the late one. Whoops. I figured we'd maybe be there for an hour and a half at the most. But three hours later, I finally had to leave to get my car in to the shop. I love talking to her and I am so excited to go to a Twins game with her in a few weeks! I think it might be time for a paper chain countdown... I keep saying that, but maybe I should really make one :)

So the highlight of last night's baseball game was seeing Erin on TV. I actually didn't see it when I watched last night because we watched it on ESPN. However, I was sitting at Saturn this afternoon, waiting for my car to be done with an oil change, and flipped on FSN. Sure enough, they were replaying the game. They came back from the commercials and there was Erin. Oh good timing.

I really have nothing else to say about that game. I sat in silence as it ended. The only prediction of Erik's that I wanted to happen, now cannot. We can still win the rest of the games though. Go Twins!

Boyfriend of the Day: Nick Punto

He sat on the bench. Enough said.

Anti-Boyfriends of the Day: Luis Castillo and Jeff Cirillo

Seriously, you have to be able to turn those routine plays. Grr.

Ooh, and more nicknames for you all :P

Scott Baker - Nutty
Jason Bartlett - Jason Pear
Jeff Cirillo - Suwihwoh
Michael Cuddyer - Cuddly Cuddy
Lew Ford - Prancer (now don't forget the carousel music)
Jason Kubel - Jason Kubel Khan (lately we leave off the Jason)
Justin Morneau - The Fiance, Hubby
Pat Neshek - Neshekel
Ramon Ortiz - Grandpa
Nick Punto - Tiny Superhero
Juan Rincon - Rincylinder
Luis Rodriguez - J-Rod
Jason Tyner - Jason Jason

I got Nutty from Miss Lucy. I had been giving her credit for Tiny Superhero, but I guess it's really from Bat Girl. All is good though, I still heard it first from Lucy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home