Pretty in Pink

Friday, July 06, 2007

All you fair weather fans can come out from hiding now...

In case you're living in a cave, Slowey got optioned back to AAA Rochester yesterday. It was pretty much immediately following the game. Too bad for little Slowey. We called Dwayne back up. That brings us to 15 players with nicknames and 10 without. We shall keep working on it.

My eek exciting news for the day...

Let's go back to the beginning. Back in May, possibly even April, I mentioned to Lucy that we should go to Cobber Night at the Dome together. I had gotten something in the mail inviting me to it and it said it was on June 18th. She said she couldn't go because she'd be on tour. Lo and behold the middle of June came around and Matt informed me that June 18th was an away game. Hmm... I checked the Concordia website and saw they switched it to July 18th. Yay!

Lucy and I decided that we'd go together. We decided to use her dad's season tickets (so thankful for free tickets!) and not sit in the Cobber section. However, I have been e-mailing Diane in the Alumni office, we get name tags for the game and we're going to be joining in the "pregame festivities" outside the Dome. I'm pumped.

Oh, but I digress... Not that all of that isn't exciting in and of itself, but here's the kicker. So Lucy sent me a note last night saying she was working on tickets. I was not suppose to get my hopes up, but she was clearly excited about something. Today, her dad got us the tickets. We're in the section right behind the Twins bullpen... In the 4th row!!! Holy Batman! I'm too excited for words!

Lucy and I have lots of Twins stuff to do... We not only have Cobber Night, but we also have to get together and play with Legos. Yeah, that's coming soon...

I'm a saddened, and a bit frustrated, that the first game of our doubleheader against Chicago wasn't televised. So heartbreaking that I didn't get to see this amazing game on TV. However, I sat at my computer the entire game. I watched and listened to Gameday on MLB.com. For the record, listening to the Chicago commentators about killed me. Grr.

The game lasted forever. I feel really bad because there isn't much time before they have to play again. The good news is that we get to watch the next game. Woot woot!

So during the game, when I got excited about something, I found ways to tell Lucy. We clearly think alike because she sent me a Facebook message at the exact same time that I texted her. The moment... Kubel Khan's grand slam. Heck yes!

We scored 4 in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd, 1 in the 3rd, 6 in the 4th, 2 in the 5th, 0 in the 6th, 4 in the 7th, 2 in the 8th, and 0 in the 9th. Not gonna lie, that's crazy. We had 20 runs on 21 hits. That's nothing short of incredible. Why does our offense not balance out. We can't score to save our life against the stupid Yankees, and then this. Haha! I think we may be trying to prove something today. No?

Castillo was 3 for 4 with 4 runs
*J-Rod didn't do anything
Pear Boy was 3 for 6 with 4 runs
Mauer was 4 for 6 with 4 runs & 5 RBIs
Cuddly Cuddy scored a run
The Fiance was 3 for 5 with 3 runs & 3 RBIs
Hunter was 3 for 4 with 3 runs & 3 RBIs
*Prancer Prancer was 1 for 1 with an RBI
Kubel Khan was 2 for 3 with 1 run and 7 RBIs
Jason Jason drew a walk
Tiny Superhero was 2 for 5 with an RBI

Baker pitched 5 innings. He gave up 7 runs on 9 hits with 1 walk, 6 strikeouts, and 1 home run.

Grandpa pitched 2 innings. He gave up 3 runs on 4 hits with 1 walk and 1 home run.

Dwayne pitched 1 1/3 innings. He gave up 4 runs on 5 hits with 1 walk and 1 home run.

Rincylinder pitched 2/3 of an inning. He had 1 strikeout and he walked in a run, but who cares! We won by crap-ton of runs.

I really can't comment on defensive plays since I couldn't see it. But I'm sure there were some good plays :)

That was the highest scoring game I have ever witnessed. I mean, seriously, 34 runs on 39 hits?!? Man, I am so mad I didn't get to watch it. I just saw the SportsCenter coverage and it was hilarious. Some random facts I learned...

It was the most runs scored in a game since the Rockies and the Reds combined for 36 runs in May of 1999.

John Garland (AKA Judy) is the first starting pitcher to allow 12 runs since... John Garland last season.

Anyone want to place a bet on how exciting Game #2 is going to be? I'm thinking a 0-0 pitchers duel or something... Haha :P

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Kubel

Janet (via text at 2:33 pm): Woot woot! Yay for Kubel Kahn
Lucy
(via Facebook at 2:33 pm): OH MY GOSH. Jason Kubel. I am going to die.
Janet
(via Facebook at 2:34 pm): Bahaha! I just texted you that :P This is amazing.
Lucy
(via text at 2:35 pm): oh my gosh. That's what garland gets for walking hunter. I wish this was televised
Janet
(via text at 2:36 pm): I saw it coming as soon as they started walking Hunter... Idiots. You and me both kid. We play well and we can't even see it!
Lucy
(via Facebook at 2:37 pm): Yeah we did that at the EXACT same time. Hahaha.


Once again, here is the plug to read Lucy's amazingly awesome Twins blog! I can't wait to see what she writes after this afternoon's game. Oh my wow, so much to choose from! Now, I am not forcing any of you at gunpoint to leave comments. But we do all love comments, right? So you should leave some :) I have left the first comment on all three posts so far. I'm sure that streak won't last too long though. Thanks to Aaron and Tim for already commenting. They're clearly the devoted Twins fans among my readers (all 3 of them?).

Happy Twins Day... Stay tuned for another blog after tonight's game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home