Pretty in Pink

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tales from the obsessed fan

Oh my goodness, did I ever have fun last night! Honestly, my day started off pretty rough. But once 2:30 came, it was all better. I picked up Lucy and we headed back to my house (which is a total disaster, by the way!) to make posters. It took us too long to decide what to put on them so we had to make them pretty fast. Her's said "Punto is my Hero" and mine said "Circle us Bert, We're Cobbers" and it had our mascot in a Twins jersey. I was pretty impressed with us :) Of course, it didn't get us circled, but I have hope for our future.

We talked pretty much non-stop the entire time we were in the car, I thought it was pretty fun. We got to the Dome in plenty of time and we found the "Cobber Country" tent. Pretty sure that Cobber Night was so pathetic it was funny. But I'm still glad we went. Cobber Night has been happening for 6 years and we've lost every time. We hoped last night would change, but no such luck. The guy that seemed to be in charge liked our signs. Although, he didn't understand Lucy's. Um, hello! Clearly he is not a Twins fan. He even took a picture of us with the Circle Us Bert sign. We'll have to see if that one shows up on the Concordia website. Yikes.

I have to say that Lucy is probably the best person EVER to go to a Twins game with. She is way more fun than my family because she gets all into it too. We stood up between every inning and held our signs. We screamed and got glared at by the guy next to us. Well, that was really her because I started off a little slow with my cheering. We also discovered that we say the same thing at the same time freakily often. We even "whoo" the same :P Haha!

Our seats were amazing! We were practically on the field. Yay! We got some great views of the pitchers warming up and just chatting in the bull pen. I let Lucy be in charge of pictures, so I'll steal them when she posts them so you can all be jealous of us :P

The game was one of the craziest games I have ever been at. Too many beach balls and fights and crazy stuff. But it was really, really fun. Playing Twingo was pretty sweet too. My mom, Matt, & John must have watched us the whole time because they even noticed when Lucy held her sign upside-down (which was only for like 3 seconds and then she flipped it). At some point, they came over and sat behind us because the people that were there had left. The kids in front of us kept wanting the "Twins hater" to leave. Haha!

Anyway, I had an amazing time and I cannot wait to do it again! Even though we lost, it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a game. I might even have to bring my Homer Hanky next time and jump on the "rally cap" bandwagon with Lucy.

Not much good came from that game, but I'm going to have to go with...

Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

He went 4 for 4. That's impressive no matter how you slice it.

Ex-Boyfriend of the Day: Jeff Cirillo

Seriously, I do not like him. I have never liked him. And his pop-up to the catcher today when we really needed a clutch it just really irked me.

Lucy gave me the idea to call him an Ex-B.O.D. instead of an Anti-B.O.D. And to then give those players a negative point on my tally. So I did. I have only had three so far and it was Cirillo twice. I'm going to also give Jason Pear the Ex-B.O.D. honors for the other night... Grr...

Top 5 Boyfriends of the Day
1 - The Fiance (10)
2 - Tiny Superhero (9)
3 - Cuddles (8)
4 - Jason Pear (5)
T5 - Kubel Khan & Johan (3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home