Pretty in Pink

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dance dance!

Life has been moving along at quite the pace. I can't believe it will be August next week. It seems completely unreal to me. Before I know it, I'll be back at school setting up my classroom. Oh man, I can't wait! If anyone is in or around Rochester, you should totally come visit me!

This also means that the time to say goodbye to some really great friends is approaching faster than I am willing to admit. I find it kind of strange how much I'm dreading it. Especially considering the fact that I rarely see some of them anyway. And the fact that we have a mostly online friendship. In that case, it doesn't seem like much should change. Yet, I'm still not wanting it to come. I'm so excited for everyone that is going off to college. It's such an exciting time. But I would definitely be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss any of them. I just hope to see everyone a lot in August and then plan some visits. I am definitely going to Concordia in October for Homecoming. And hopefully I can stop by Crown sometime, maybe on the way to one of Matt's meets in St. Cloud. Waldorf though... That could be a tricksy one...

The Twins have an off-day, so you get another Top 10. I was watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" last night and figured I could give dance movies a whirl. I had a hard time coming up with 10 movies, and I'm sure I missed some. But here's my list.

Janet's Top 10 Dance Movies
10 - Footloose (I don't remember too much)
9 - Take the Lead
8 - Step Up
7 - West Side Story
6 - Billy Elliot
5 - Save the Last Dance
4 - Center Stage
3 - Dirty Dancing
2 - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
1 - Strictly Ballroom

Speaking of "So You Think You Can Dance?". I again watched it last night and didn't agree with the judges critiques. If anyone knows about dancing (ballroom, contemporary, hip-hop, anything), you should come over and watch it with me next week. I need some help interpreting!

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

You missed the best dance movie ever. That's right, I said ever!

Drum roll please...

Napolean Dynamite.

I knew you'd agree!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I have still not seen that movie. I'm an embarrassment, I know.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Greg said...

What about High School Musical? I love that scene where they dance with the basketballs. It really brings me back to my high school days, dribbling the ball all day long up and down the halls. Making baskets from half court and beyond. Singing during my tests. Ahh, those were the days.

Or something.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That was the scene in the movie that almost got me to turn it off. Oh how I loathe that scene.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home