Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Wedding

This wedding I went to this past weekend was easily the best wedding I've ever been to. I don't recall ever having that much fun. The wedding itself went really, really well. I was incredibly nervous to do my reading, but I didn't screw up, yay!

The dinner and reception were also a lot of fun. I hung-out with the bridesmaids and my new Coast Guard friends before dinner and then got to sit with some of them at dinner. The food was incredibly. Holy wow, I have never had food like that at a wedding before. And the desserts were to die for.

Then we got to the dance. I only remember really dancing at one wedding before. And I'd had a few drinks to help me relax. This time, I decided I just wanted to have fun. And so I did. It was a little awkward at first because everyone was dancing as couples, even to the fast songs. I danced with my dad to a few songs at the beginning.

I was talking to Kim and we decided that we needed a good "girl" song to dance to. The next song that played was "Brown-Eyed Girl." She and her husband, Scott, and I went out and partied it up :) Next up... "Coba Cabana." Jess, Kim, and I (even though we were in disbelief) kept the dancing going through Barry Manilow. And then we hit the "Electric Slide." The DJ said he'd never had a group that big all know that dance at a wedding before. Yay us! The last song I really remember dancing to was "Love Shack." We copied the music video and formed two lines and had people dance down the middle. Oh man, it was a really good time. There some other songs in there, but nothing else too memorable.

So yeah, the wedding was wonderful. I definitely made the right decision in going. I got Kim's contact info so she and I can keep in touch. It was a weekend that I will always remember.

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

Wow, talk about no time in between posts! I sense a theme going on here...

The Wedding
My Boyfriends
I Love Chuck

Glad to hear the wedding went well. My last wedding experience was my worst one ever, but I already blogged about it, so I won't rehash the gory details again here.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I actually thought of that when I was gone. I was really not wanting a repeat of that :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

"And the deserts were to die for."

Many of them are...hydration is difficult and the human body needs water. Glad you made it out OK!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Ooh, whoops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home