Pretty in Pink

Friday, July 27, 2007

Concert at the Castle

My parents had yet another concert at their house last night. They brought in a blues singer/guitar player named Tab Benoit. As Steve so kindly pointed out, I had been a "doubting Thomas" about the whole thing. I clearly need to trust my parents, because it was a great concert. He is incredibly talented. I think I could listen to him play guitar all day long. Holy wow.

Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. The concert was moved from the deck/backyard into the garage/under a tent in the driveway. It was still a really good time though. I am really glad that Sarah came down for it so I got to hang-out with her. She even got in some HP reading while she was there. My aunt and uncle came up from Iowa and I always love getting to talk to my aunt Janet. She is the most incredible woman and I love her dearly.

Matt poured a bottle of water down my pants, that was not cool. I was quite uncomfortable for the rest of the night. Steve told him that he was lucky I didn't punch him in the face. Yeah, pretty much. The food was really, really good. I think my aunt's trail mix and the cheese curds were my favorite.

My parents were only mildly embarrassing. My mom still needs to learn that you do not need to yell into a microphone. Oh boy. We got to celebrate her 50th birthday (even though it's not until August 6th) with everyone there because Tab kept bringing it up. I think my other favorite thing was the fact that we had port-a-potties there. Nice. Or, maybe when Tab played an alligator head. Yeah, creepy and Happy Gilmore-ish. Pictures coming soon...

And switching gears now... I made chocolate chip pancakes this morning for Monet and Ilana. I think it's the first successful batch of pancakes I have ever made. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home