Pretty in Pink

Friday, August 03, 2007

We remembered!

I've been avoiding blogging lately. I just didn't really feel in the mood to do it after the I35 bridge collapse happened. It's so crazy to me. I don't even live in the cities, and I know I have crossed that bridge hundreds of times. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with the victims, their families, and the countless workers and volunteers trying to help.

It was very surreal to watch the Twins game on the night it happened. They broke in with news updates every so often and Beth and I would pause the game to come look at the coverage online. It was a weird night. And the game... Well it didn't go so well for us.

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Kubel

He was 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs.

Ex-Boyfriend of the Day: Juan Rincon

Rincylinder... Grr... I do not like him. We went into extra innings and he gives up a 2 run homer. Of course. That's what he does.

In other news... I went and picked-up Einstein today. The family that I drive for is going on vacation. They are gone now until the 21st. Their 3 month old golden retriever puppy, is staying with us. Einstein is kind of crazy. He and Howie are already friends though and have been running around playing in the backyard all afternoon.

Lucy helped me take them for a walk around noon. There is no way I could walk them alone, so I was very thankful that she came with me! Howie was really, really good. Einstein likes to pull and not go where I wanted him to. But that's okay. He is just a puppy. I thought it was pretty fun.

After walking the dogs, Lucy and I went to the fair. I haven't been to the fair in 7 years. I saw a whole lot of people that I knew from swimming. And a few from TEC. We talked a lot (we even remembered all the things we were suppose to remember to tell each other, which was a first!), walked a lot, saw some super cute animals. I loved the llamas, the goats, the little baby ducks, the bunnies (especially the big fat ones), and the pigs. Oh, good times to be had by all.

We have lots of fun stuff planned for next week too. I'm SO EXCITED! I'm sure lots of blogs will come out of our fun and exciting week.

I think I'm going to go make some more stuff for the HP party next weekend. I have nothing else to do since my entire family is gone until Sunday. I might as well do it now in case next week gets busy! Adios amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home