Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ramblings...

Today is my last official day of working for the swim club. I'm excited for what it means for my future, but definitely sad to be leaving the kids. My morning was filled with plenty of very wet hugs, but it was nice to know I'll be missed. I will probably do a little coaching in August because I need the money. And then I'm going to fill in when they have coaches out of town and stuff. But I'm done with the regular coaching.

I called Brooke this afternoon to congratulate her on the baby. It was nice to talk to her. I need to call HR and figure out why they haven't sent me a contract to sign yet. Apparently the two women who worked in the office at Bamber have moved to other jobs, so that could be part of it. Brooke said not to worry though. She said the district should be worried that I'll get snatched up by someone else. It was really sweet of her.

So tomorrow, I'll probably stop by HR since I'll be on the side of town. And I'll also call Laurie to figure out when I can be trained to do the testing we have to do in a few weeks. I definitely feel pretty good about things right now, though.

Let's see. What else. I got the new Stalin and the Shah CD last night. It's pretty much amazing. It makes me laugh and definitely cheers me up when I'm crabby. I also got to listen to it with Jenna this morning. Yay for bonding time with Jenna!

Well, the Twins won again yesterday. We are now only 6 games behind Detroit and only 5 games behind Cleavland (Wild Card Race). We got run support early and just held on for the ride.

Boyfriend of the Day: Lew Ford

Prancer had a nice, strong game. He was 2 for 3 with 2 runs and an RBI. He also stole a base, his third of the year.

Top 5 Boyfriends of the Day
1 - The Fiance (13)
2 - Tiny Superhero (9)
3 - Cuddles (8)
4 - Jason Pear (6)
5 - Kubel Khan (5)

I'm ready for Cuddles to come back. And for J.J. to crack the Top 5! I know he can do it :)

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Mac Man said...

I got a little worried when I saw Stalin as part of the CD title... Wearing any red clothing recently? Pink is a light red you know...

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You are correct. Pink is a light red. But I'm not Stalin. Lucy is Stalin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home