Pretty in Pink

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Are you really going to let the man drive?

I had a simply marvelous day today. I got up this morning and headed to the U with my dad. We all watched Matt swim his 200 I.M. and then talked for a while. Eventually, Sarah and I headed to Granite City for a wonderful brunch. We decided that we'd go to her house for a while and hang-out before I had to be back at the U to meet-up with Beth and head home.

Sarah recently bought The Game of Life. I haven't played Life in years. A lot about the game has changed since the last time I played it, but it was a ton of fun! I was a doctor and she was a teacher (a salesperson in the summer). We named all of our people. I was married to Justin and we had a baby named Jack. Sarah married some guy named Luke and had two kids: Emma and Benjamin.

The game now has these life tile things. You don't look at them till the end of the game and they have different accomplishments that you have achieved. I swam the English Channel, won a dance contest (heck yes!), and wrote "the next great American novel." Lucy - Does that count as life goal #5? Haha!

Spending the day with Sarah was wonderful. We never, ever, ever run out of things to talk about. I cannot even begin to express how truly blessed I feel. I can't believe that we've only known each other for two years. Well, two years this October. I feel like we've been friends for much, much longer than that. Basically, I am just trying to tell Sarah that I love her so much and am thankful for her friendship everyday!

In other exciting news... THE TWINS WON AGAIN!!!

We won the game 1-0. Kudos to Casilla for driving in our 1 run on a ground-rule double.

Boyfriend of the Day: Scott Baker

Holy cow! Nutty had an outstanding game! He pitched 8 shut-out innings and only gave up 4 hits. To top all of that off, he made a diving catch in the 8th inning and turned a double play. Mad props to him today, man. Wow!

We are now only 4.5 games out of the lead! Do not count this team out yet. I'm definitely hoping we can pick up another game on the Indians tomorrow. Don't forget to watch for me on TV (yeah right :P). Go Twins!

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

nope. it doesn't. ha.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh, and she finds the blog :P Dang, I was hoping it would. Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home