Pretty in Pink

Saturday, December 08, 2007

I'm obsessed with ballroom dance!

Oh dear. It's been almost a whole month since I blogged last. Clearly my life is insane! I could catch everyone up on my life, but what would be the fun in that? Haha. Instead, I am going to blog about the FANTASTIC night that I had last night!

So after my West Coast Swing lesson last Monday, I was really excited to get out and go dancing. I decided that I should go Friday. I didn't have anything else planned, and there were several people I'd been trying to plan times to go with, so here was my big chance :) And I am SO glad I did!

We got there at 7:30 and it was a Rumba lesson. I attempted to teach Kelly how to do it, but I am a bad teacher! I bit the bullet and learned the guys part so I could lead that one. Laura and Shane came, and I tried to teach them. Some guy, who clearly knew how to teach the guy's part better, came over and helped too.

The dance started, and Kaela and Jared came. Soo exciting to see Kaela again! I did some Rumba with Kelly, some East Coast Swing with Laura, some East Coast swing with a guy named Ed, some East Coast Swing with Mike, some Rumba with Jacob (who at least came and danced a few songs with me so we could show off our moves!), some East Coast Swing with Jared, and some Rumba Josh. Then, Jared taught me how to Merengue... Thanks to Kaela for requesting a Merengue song! I guess it pays to have connections ;).

Pretty sure one of my favorite moments was when Shane came over and told me I had to come see his and Laura's dance. It was the cutest thing ever! They choreographed this whole little routine. Definitely some Rumba in it, but other stuff too. I loved it! I hope they come back the next time we go :)

The crowd started dwindling and it ended up being just me and Kelly left. We tried to decide if we should stay or go. There was a Salsa song on, so I decided to see what I remembered. I showed Kelly the basic, the ladies underarm turn, and the cross-body lead. We practiced over in the table area and then hoped for another Salsa to come on. The next song they played was our song... "Save the Last Dance for Me." We went out and Salsa-ed to it. It was so great! Then we did a Rumba and then Kelly learned to Waltz with some guy.

While Kelly was Waltzing, Fred came over and asked me if I had known Jared and Kaela before. Haha. Yeah. I explained how I knew Kaela. It was entertaining. We finally left about 11:40, I think.

It was definitely one of the most fun nights I've had dancing. We're going to go to Latin Night on December 21st. So you should all come!!! It's amazing!

That's all I've got for you. I'll have pictures up soon. And I will try to blog again before January :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home