Pretty in Pink

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I take pig second to school.

I am going to warn you right now... This is going to be a long one :) I had a simply brilliant week! Here's a very abbreviated recap.

Monday: I had a good day at work. My CAP student, Laura, started. She's amazing and I already love her. It's going to be a good semester. I also had all 16 of my kidlets there, so I got to take some class pictures. I worked pretty late and then went to crochet club with Jessica, Jessica, and some other people that actually went to Century back in the day.

Tuesday: The highlight of Tuesday was that I came home early and relaxed! Yay!

Wednesday: This was a good day... Janet invited me over to her house for dinner. She made Bobby Flay's macaroni and cheese recipe. It was really, really good. And it was so nice to get away from school and have a home-cooked meal. Her family is amazing, not that I should be surprised by that. It was a really fun night. I did have to go back to school after dinner to finish up my sub plans. While I was there, I got to talk to Lucy. So that always makes my day better.

Thursday: I had training, so my kids had their first sub. The sub loved them and told me they were really good, so that totally made my day! After school, Kelly and I went to the Century/Mayo swim meet. It was a really good meet and it was SUPER fantastic to see friends I haven't seen in FOREVER! Mayo won, so congrats to all of my friends who are Spartans! I made Kelly come with me to school after the meet. I had to correct some things and make sure I was ready for Friday. We found some journal entries incredibly amusing. And Kelly made a sign for Laura's basket. Yay Kelly!

Friday: And that brings us to today... My kids were a little crazy today, but that's okay. I still like them a lot :) Matt came to school and helped me set the DVD player. He laughed at all of our toys. Next up, the Century football game. It was probably the most fun I've ever had at a football game. First, it was a really exciting game. We were down by 10 with less than 5 minutes left, I think. We scored, then Owatonna fumbled, then we scored again and WON! Yay Panthers! The second reason I had so much fun was that we laughed... A LOT. I was with my brother and we sat with Pete and Mary Heyrman. The Pittner's were behind us, and Kelly, darling came and met us. Yay for two nights of seeing Kelly in a row! I also met, okay more like just talked to for the first time because I'd actually met them last year when I subbed for Connie, Carlie and Amanda and had a blast with them. It was a good night. I can't wait until our next football game :) After the game, I talked to lots of cool choir folks and I got to see Megan and Ashleigh again. I can't stop smiling.

This was simply a FANTASTIC week! I'm sure I'm leaving loads of stuff out, so it's your job to add them in the comments! I'm really looking forward to this weekend because I have all sorts of fun stuff planned. Rock on! More on the flip side :)

Twins Update:

Monday's Score: 4-5 (We win!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

Cuddles was 2 for 3 with 1 run and 1 RBI!

Tuesday's Score: 2-4 (We win again!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Kubel

Kubel Khan was 3 for 4 with 3 runs!

Wednesday's Score: 2-4 (We sweep the Rangers!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

Cuddles was 2 for 4 with 1 run and 1 RBI!

Friday's Score: 6-4 (Santana is SLUMPING!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Joe Mauer

Finally! He was 3 for 5 with 1 run and 1 RBI. Also... Mad props to Prancer and Tiny Superhero for absolutely STELLAR defensive plays!

1 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Janet - Look at you ... only one blog this week ... um ... I think someone is working too hard! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! I better go to bed it's way too late!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home