Pretty in Pink

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Lord Waldorf

My second day of school was good. I'd have to say better than the first day. The kidlets are starting to get into the routines already and I love that. Plus, I made sure I had time to take them outside to play, and I think they really enjoyed that. Brooke showed up at the very end of the day. She said my face was priceless. Whoops. I just didn't expect to see her and it was right when I was trying to get my kids lined-up to go outside to the bus. It's a little crazy.

From school, I went to Albert Lea to the visitation for Sarah's grandma. I think it was the happiest visitation I've ever been to. Which is a good thing and goes to show how beautiful (sorry to steal Sarah's line here) death can be. It was nice to see and talk to Sarah, Jennie, Chris, and Sue. I was glad I could make it down.

After that, Emmalee and I began our trek to Forest City, Iowa. It really wasn't that far from Albert Lea. We found it without any problems and Matt flagged us down on the street outside his dorm :P We saw his room, met his roommate, and went and said hello to Maggie. Their dorm rooms are TINY and incredibly dark. I was surprised. Next up, Matt gave us a tour of campus. It's a smaller school than I expected, but the campus is really pretty. I liked it.

We drove around Forest City, tried to find the Cow Palace (which we eventually did), and ended up at A&W. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It hurt so bad. But oh man, was it ever fun! We had some great one-liners, but of course, I don't remember them now. When they kicked us out, about 15 minutes after closing, whoops, we talked in the car until we had to leave. It was a wonderful night with some really good friends and I wouldn't have traded it for anything!

Then, my night got even better because I got home and had a letter from Laura. An actual, in the mail, letter. It was one of the nicest letters I have ever received. I was bawling, but that's not all that surprising.

So yeah, it was a good night.

Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten: It's all about being creative. Enough said.

The Twins lost again. But for once, it wasn't for lack of offense! I'm kind of frustrated with the coaches. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they didn't take DePaula out after he gave up 2 runs. That probably could have saved the game. Grr.

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

Jason Pear has just been really stepping his game up lately. Especially his offense. He was 3 for 7 with two runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home