Pretty in Pink

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Isn't this week over yet?

I had a curriculum training meeting all day today. The morning was pretty boring, but we went over our math curriculum. Then we did a science overview, got some ideas on teaching lessons on observation, and then had a short lunch break. After lunch it was time for more science stuff. We did 9 centers that they set-up for us. They were all activities/projects to do with our Kindergarteners. Some of them are required, some optional. They were all for our first science unit which is called "Collections from Nature." I got to paint a picture of a flower, do a print of a plant, imprint a starfish, and make a sun print. The sun print was definitely my favorite. If the paper wasn't so dang expensive, I'd totally do it with my kids!

I came home for a little while to just relax and then the plan was to meet up with all of the Kindergarten teachers back at school. During my short break, I got to talk to Lucy for a few minutes. That pretty much made my day. She had to go right as I pulled into the parking lot at Bamber, so it was really good timing actually. The doors were already locked, which was super annoying because it was only 4:45 and they aren't suppose to lock until 5:30. I went down to the Kindergarten side of the building and Jessica let me in.

Then my frustrations began. No one else was there and so I couldn't stay past 5:30 (I don't have keys to the building or a key card yet, so I can't be in there after hours unless someone is with me). I quickly tried to organize my stuff to bring it home and then left. Only problem was, I forgot my phone. I always set it by the window because it's the only place it gets any service. I was rushing so much that I totally forgot it there. Grr. So I have no phone, which really sucks. First, there is a funeral tomorrow for a staff member at Bamber. Because of that, some of our meetings and things are getting shifted. Without my phone, no one can get a hold of me so I have no idea what's going on. It also sucks to be phoneless on a night when I'd really like to talk to friends in hopes of distracting myself from thoughts of the looming interview. Anyway, moral of the story... You should talk to me online tonight :P

So with nothing else to do, I ran to Shopko to buy folders. I was literally on the verge of tears as I walked through the aisles. I don't even know what my problem was. I think this week is just finally wearing on me. And I'm getting increasingly nervous for the interview. I know I probably shouldn't be, but I am. People keep telling me that I'd really have to screw-up to not get the job. But then I freak out because if I don't get it, they'll think I really screwed it up and must really suck or something.

Anyway, now I'm home and trying to remember to breathe. I have some stuff that I can work on, like cutting out certificates for the first day of school and putting my kids' names on their Thursday folders, but that's about it. I suppose I might as well get to it.

Oh... The Twins game yesterday was really depressing. If Johann hadn't given up 4 runs in the first inning, we might have had a prayer.

Boyfriend of the Day: Alexi Casilla

He was 3 for 4. Too bad the batters after him couldn't ever get him home.

And Congrats to Hunter AND Punto for making Top Plays and Web Gems on Tuesday night. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Hey you! It does suck to be without your phone but it will be ok. I hope that things have gotten better tonight. Hang in there and remember take God with you tomorrow (and always!).

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Hmm. Between you and your sister, you've told me this three times today :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home