Pretty in Pink

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Morning Baltimore

My day started today by going over to Lucy's house to take care of the cats. I let myself in and read the note from her family. I laughed. I fed the cats, gave them fresh water, and scooped all of the litter boxes. I then played with Taylor for a while. He was the only one who really wanted to sit by me.

When I got home, I played some computer games for a while (I must have been really bored because I haven't done that in a while!) Beth and I decided that we should go rent a movie. We left the house and went to Meyer's. I wanted to water their plants and make sure we left the pool area all cleaned up. I also got the towels out of the dryer, folded them, and put them away.

We headed over to Hollywood Video to rent the 1988 version of "Hairspray." While we were there, I ran into Laurie (one of the other Kindergarten teachers at Bamber). I talked to her for a while and that was nice. Everyone and their brother apparently had the same idea about renting a movie on a rainy day. And they didn't even have it! Next stop... Best Buy. We bought it. Beth had a $5 off thing and I had $4.71 left on a gift card, so I actually only paid $6.38 for it. Good deal, eh?

We came home and watched it. First of all, I recommend that everyone see it! The acting is terrible, but it's so darn funny. Beth and I were both cracking up. If you don't know anything about "Hairspray," I'll give you a little background. John Waters wrote and directed the movie in 1988. The Broadway musical came next in 2002. The movie that is in theaters now is based on the musical.

So after we watched the original, Beth and I left once again. We went back over to Lucy's to play with the cats some more. I gave them fresh water again and then we sat down and petted the kitties. It took me forever to find one of them, but the other three were good. They just sat there with us and let us pick them up and hold them in our laps. It was good.

Our final stop of the evening was the movie theater. We were both incredibly excited to see the new version of "Hairspray." We ran into a family from swimming and actually ended up sitting by them. I don't think Sam liked it quite as much as we did. I loved it! We both said we felt like standing up and clapping at the end. I left with a huge smile on my face and just felt really happy. Kathy (the swim mom we saw there) said she'd bring us the soundtrack to borrow. I really hope she does because I loved the music! Lucy told me that I'd love it, but I didn't think I'd love it this much! Next stop... "Hairspray" on Broadway?

The final drama for the night came shortly after 10:30. Our power went out. It was out until a little before 1. Ick! I killed time by writing a five page letter, taking a shower, and playing Brain Age on Beth's DS. Now I can finally go watch the Twins game (which I found out already that we lose... Nate...) and go to sleep. Goodnight all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home