Pretty in Pink

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Date Night

Last night was "date" night with Meg. Meg is one of my little swimmers. She'll be turning 9 this fall. I've coached for the past year and she was also in "the class from Hell" that I subbed for all the time. I have gotten to know Meg and her family pretty well over the course of the year. She's one of the best kids ever!

Anyway, I picked her up and we went to Noodles for dinner. The whole time she just talked and talked and talked. We talked about who she doesn't want in her class next year, swimming, her many, many pets, and how she likes to take her rabbit for walks. When we got to dinner, she had her little purse with money from her mom. So she paid for dinner. She was so adorable. She told me that her dad usually only let her drink water, but she really wanted a lemonade. We both had lemonades.

We ran back to my house to pick up Beth and then drove up to Century to see "Pinocchio." My favorite teacher with a MIAC degree was there with his daughters. I had never met them before. They are super cute! He kept joking about how I had just picked Meg up on the street so I could come to the show. I think Meg was confused, it was pretty funny.

The show was good. Lucy was the best cat ever :) The guy behind us kept asking people if she was a "local" or if she traveled around like the two guys did. That means that she did a really good job. My favorite line in the play was "Goodnight, John Boy." But not very many people laughed. Beth and I cracked up.

After the show, and saying hello to Lucy and her family, I took Meg home. Then Beth and I went shopping. HP stuff is bloody hard to find! Grr. We also bought pop and snacks for tonight. I'm way excited!

There's not much to tell about the Twins game... It was depressing...

Boyfriend of the Day: Rondell White

He delivered our only RBI in the game.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

It's a sad day when Rondell White gets BotD honors....

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

It's really bad if BotD honors go to those who never play. "Well, at least _________ couldn't mess up today!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home