Pretty in Pink

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tiny Superhero saves the day!

So the Twins game tonight was a lot of fun! Megan and I decided that we're way "funner" than Beth and Matt. We laughed, we cried (okay, that was just me). We screamed and yelled and even jumped up and down. It was probably the most exciting game I've been to all year. It was definitely a pitcher's duel. We were tied at 1 and went into extra innings.

Megan and I definitely had some good laughs. Oooh, and Mike Redmond now has a nickname. Woot woot! I was chanting "Red Dawg" (even though Beth won't allow me to use that as his nickname) and Megan looked over and said, "What, Clifford?" I busted up laughing and the new nickname was born.

I laughed so hard to night... Both in the car and at the game... That my throat actually hurt. Matt says it's from my wheezing that he can't even duplicate. I'm sorry that I laugh funny! Geez!

Boyfriend of the Day: Tiny Superhero

It's the 7th inning. 2 outs. Bases loaded. Tiny Superhero comes to the plate... And strikes out. Dang! Some kids around us were chanting "Punto sucks." It made me want to cry, but I was frustrated too.

After some stellar pitching, the game is still tied at one and we go to the bottom of the 10th. Punto is up again, but this time he's leading off the inning.... AND HE GETS A HIT! I think it was ruled a single, but then he got to third on an error. Hubby #2 comes to the plate. We expect that he can surely drive in Punto to win the game. But he doesn't need to because the pitcher throws a wild pitch and Tiny Superhero comes home to score. Twins win! Twins win! Twins win! Woot woot!

In some sad, sad news. The shelves in my hall closet broke. We came home to a disaster. The shelf (and everything on it) came crashing down. It knocked the shoe rack off the door, and everything fell. Now my bedroom is taken over and I will be sleeping on the couch. Maybe I can fix it tomorrow. Or maybe I can call Dad.

And finally tonight. I'm cat-sitting for Lucy's four cats this weekend while her family is at her aunt's wedding. This is really exciting because it means I have animals this weekend! Lucy's four cats, my two cats, my dog, and Einstein. Haha! Good times to be had by all, I am quite sure!

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Greg said...

This is why I'm not much of a professional baseball fan. You sit there for 3+ hours only to see a total of 3 runs scored. I'm sure most of the others were either strikeouts or fly balls. It makes for a pretty slow game.

OK, let the flame war begin now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home