Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Favorite Baseball Team

Lucy and I had a good chat tonight about our beloved Twins. We were both pretty disappointed with how we've been playing lately. We talked about the players we like, the players we dislike, and what we think needs to happen.

Clearly, the heard us!

But before we talk about tonight's game. I'm a few games behind on my B.O.D.s.

Saturday's Score: 3-4
Boyfriend of the Day: Joe Mauer

He was 3 for 4 with an RBI.

Sunday's Score: 2-6
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

He was 1 for 3 and delivered both of our RBIs.

Monday's Score: 3-4
Boyfriend of the Day: Joe Mauer

He was 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs.

Tuesday's Score: 11-3 (And we break the losing streak!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

I could have picked anyone in our line-up tonight. It was amazing! But I have to go with Jason Pear for his homer. Super exciting! I really wish that we could even out our offense. This is just crazy. But here's hoping we can make a string of it! This is what the box score looks like for our offense tonight.

Casilla: 3 for 6 with 2 RBIs
Bartlett: 3 for 6 with 1 run and 1 RBI (homer)
Mauer: 1 for 5 with 1 run
Hunter: 3 for 4 with 4 runs, 1 stolen base, and 1 walk
Morneau: 2 for 5 with 1 run and 2 RBIs
Cuddyer: 2 for 3 with 2 runs, 1 RBI, and 1 walk
White: 1 for 4 with 2 RBIs
Tyner: 1 for 1 with 1 run
Redmond: 2 for 5 with 1 run and 2 RBIs

PLUS... Garza pitched 7 incredible innings. He only gave up 3 runs on 9 hits. He threw for 2 strike outs and only gave up 2 walks.

Top 5 Boyfriends of the Day:
1 - The Fiance (13)
2 - Cuddles (10)
3 - Tiny Superhero (9)
4 - Jason Pear (8)
5 - Kubel Khan (6)

Tiny Superhero will not be climbing this list if he doesn't get some offense going. And Kubel Khan is a) on the DL and b) not impressing me at all lately.

I'm excited because I get to go to the game on Friday with Beth, Matt, & Megan and on Sunday with mi madre, Beth, & Matt. Go Twins!

2 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

As much as it pains me to say this....Punto is losing it....

Inge is still one of my favorite current players at the corner....

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Janet said...

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with you :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home