Pretty in Pink

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Swingin' Dancers

Today was a great day. In fact, it was a fantastic day! I got to spend my afternoon with Kelly. I headed over to her place and called as I pulled into the parking lot. She came downstairs to meet me and let me in. Apparently, she was so excited to see me that she left her keys in her apartment. Whoops. She started to freak out and called everyone she knew in the building. No one was home. She called her mom, but her mom couldn't leave work. We were about ready to go to the office, even though it would have cost money to have them let us in, when a car pulled int the parking lot and a woman got out. We followed her into the building. Phew. Crisis averted.

We played a rousing game of LIFE. It was weird because it was a pretty new version of the game, but it was not as new as the one Sarah and I played a few weeks ago. Kelly won, by a lot, I might add. I think I was most excited that I got the Life Tile that said I won a dance competition again. Even if I can't do it in real life, I can dance in the game of LIFE. Haha! We also watched "Moulin Rouge" and sat and talked. It was really nice.

I came back home and watched the Twins game with Beth. We won! More to come on that in another blog...

I got dressed and then headed back to Kelly's to pick her up for dancing. We picked-up Amanda and then headed over to the Blue Moon Ballroom. I had yet another fun night of swing dancing! I find it really strange to be saying this. Anyone who knows me well knows that I have always said I hated dancing. Dances have always made me incredibly nervous. I tend to run the other way when music starts playing. I think I've come an awfully long way. I was way more comfortable this week than last week and I had a blast.

I danced a lot more than I did last week. I did dance with mostly girls, but it's still uber fun! Lucy taught me the real way to do triple time swing and I loved it! We also did a little west coast. I'm still not very good at it, but I'm trying. I am determined to figure it out one of these weeks.

I'm sure that I have way more I could say, but it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm tired. It's time for me to go to bed. Before I go though, here are a few pictures from the night.


Kelly & Amanda

Amanda & Me

Me & Lucy taking a break

Me & Lucy doing some West Coast Swing

Lucy & Angela doing West Coast

Some guy & Lucy doing West Coast
Are we all sensing a trend here?
Have we figured out which dance is Lucy's favorite?


Me & some guy doing East Coast Swing

Kelly, Amanda, & Me after a fun night!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Real quick. I love swing dancing but I'm not very good and it's been a really long time (I haven't done it since college!) Also, I'm a bit bummed ... turns out I do have to work tomorrow. It makes no sense what-so-ever but whatever, anyway no lunch date :(. Talk to you soon. bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home