Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

J-Yo at your service ;)

I spent most of my day at school again. We had a technology meeting this morning. I didn't learn anything. It was all pretty much common sense stuff. Or maybe it just seems like common sense to me, but it still wasn't anything new to me. Then I worked in my classroom the rest of the day. My mom came in for a while to help me. I had her put yarn on my name tags and put my book orders together. Thanks Mom!

I left the building for a short time because I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. I ran home quick and then picked-up Applebee's for Jessica and my lunch. Tonight was "Meet the Teacher" Night for AM Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade. I watched the AM Kindergarten presentation and then just sort of chatted. I saw so many people that I knew. I talked to several families I know from swimming, some people I met at DIBELS testing last week, and a woman that I know through a friend.

My highlight was getting to talk to Aaron and Cheryl Larson.
Their oldest daughter is in 1st Grade this year, so they were there to meet her teacher. I am one of the few (if not only) people who was fortunate to have both of them as teachers. I had Cheryl for 5th and 6th grade at Elton Hills. She was Ms. Jensen back then, but she married Aaron the summer after my 6th grade year. I got to have Aaron at Century when I was a junior. Anyway, Cheryl is the reason that I'm a teacher. She was amazing and I can never thank her enough for all that she did for me. It was so nice to see her and talk to her a bit. I told her about all the drama and she was really supportive. I really hope to see her around some more this fall!

I'm excited for my "Meet the Teacher" Night tomorrow. I'm definitely a little nervous, but mostly excited. I can't wait to meet all of my kiddos! My class list changed a lot today. I started the day at 16, then went down to 15 when we found out I had a morning student on my list. Then I dropped down to 14 when I had another girl who was suppose to be a morning kid. But then I went back up to 15 when they added a little boy who was accidentally put in the morning and should have been afternoon. I think this is why I haven't written on anything yet! Haha :) I think my class is now 9 boys and 6 girls. We'll see if it changes some more!

When I went to see the cats for my second trip of the day, I was so exhausted. So I sat on the kitchen floor and brushed both Trevor and Taylor before I came home. It was very relaxing!

The Twins lost again today. It was exciting right down to the last out. I'm really going to blame Dwayne for this one, but whatever.

Boyfriend of the Day: Brian Buscher

This is a first! Bushy went 3 for 4 with 2 runs and an RBI (his first homer of the year!) I was way impressed with him today.

Punto, Tyner, and Hunter all had AMAZING plays in the field today. They freaking better make Web Gems or Top Plays!

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

You have nothing to be nervous about tomorrow will be fine! :) I know that you will do a great job and that you will really impress all those parents! You don't have a thing to worry about just be yourself and everything will be fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home