Pretty in Pink

Thursday, August 23, 2007

So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it...

A whole heck of a lot has happened in my life since the last time I blogged. Whoops. Instead of getting into all the drama, I'll just talk about all the fun stuff I've done.

Sunday - I went to the Twins game with my mom, sister, and brother. We were there for history in the making! Johan pitched an amazing game. Oh man, it was so exciting to be there. After the game, I hung-out with Sarah and then she and I met up with Beth and went to see "Hairspray." It was cool cuz we were the only three people in the theater. Beth let me sing and dance, it was great!

Monday - I spent all day at school. I got attached already to some of the kiddos. The drama of the week all started this day. I called Lucy as I was leaving the building and cried to her. She told me to do something fun. Jeff and Christine came over that night and we all played some games. It was really, really fun. They left around 3 and I finally went to sleep.

Tuesday - I was at school all day again. The afternoon was spent doing classroom placements. I am so excited for my kids, oh man, I can't wait for "Meet the Teacher" night next week! I'll also say that I adore the other kindergarten teachers. Laurie and Janet are amazing women and I'm so looking forward to working with both of them.

After school, I went to Owatonna to hang-out with Laura. We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant and sat there and talked for three hours. We finally left at 9:15 and when we went outside, realized that it had closed at 8:30. Whoops. We went for a walk and then sat in my car and talked. Pretty sure we talked more that night than all summer combined. It was a really, really good talk and I'm glad we were able to do it.

I can't believe the summer is gone already and Laura is going to college :( I didn't see her very much this summer, but I think I took some comfort in knowing that she was less than an hour away if I needed something. Now that's going to be gone. I know she'll love Crown and I hope that I can make it up to visit sometime.

Today - I slept in a little bit and then took Einstein home. I ran some errands (including going to buy new ballroom shoes!) and then headed to school. I was at school all afternoon with Janet setting up our classroom. It was really fun and she and I talked about a lot. I'm a little overwhelmed by how much I have to do, but it's good. I'm going tomorrow to bind some more books and organize some more.

It's Wednesday! That means it's swing night! I sat and talked to Lucy during the lesson because there were SO many people there. I had a good time, once again. I think I'm getting better, at least a little bit. Lucy taught me how to Fox Trot and I also learned how to Rumba. It was fun. I think I'm starting to like West Coast Swing the best, I think it's the most interesting. But it's hard. I'm determined to learn it though. Thank goodness Lucy is patient with me!

After dancing, Lucy and I came back here and talked for a few hours. I can't believe how much I talk to her about. I am NOT looking forward to saying goodbye to her tomorrow. I kind of want to cry just thinking about it right now :( But I know I'll see her at the beginning of October, for sure! So that makes it a little easier.

Even with all the crap I've had to deal with this week, I've gotten to spend some good, quality time with my best friends. So I really can't complain. I'm also spending time with friends tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Then on Monday, teacher workshops start. Craziness!

In a side note, I spent the whole car ride home from O-Town on Tuesday learning the words to "You Can't Stop the Beat." It's a really hard (fast!!!) song to sing, but I LOVE it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home