Pretty in Pink

Monday, August 27, 2007

I have a class list!

Today was a very long day. We were in a staff meeting at school from 9:30 until almost 2:00. We didn't have a break and our lunch consisted of cheese, crackers, fruit, and cookies. Haha! We did get breakfast at the very beginning, but yeah. It was very long and mostly involved them reading to us out of our handbook. Oh, good times?

After the meeting, I worked in my room some more. I had to get bus tags ready and make copies for "Meet the Teacher" night. While I was standing in Laurie's room, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but it was a 507 area code and I could tell it was a cell number, so I answered it. It turned out to be Lucy's mom. She told me all about how moving in went and then we talked about the cats. I think she felt really bad about Moonie, but I wasn't mad or anything. She called the vet and then called me back and left a message with the best news of the day... NO MORE MEDICINE! Yay! It was so nice to go feed the cats after work and not have to worry about chasing Moonie down. Phew. What a relief!

Since I was now thinking about Lucy, I went back to my room and called her from my work phone. I found this quite exciting because I've never used the phone before. They're brand new phones and we now have voicemail! The teachers are really happy about this because they've never had it before. It'll be a nice way for parents to reach us if they don't like e-mail. Lucy wasn't there, but I left her a message and then went back to work.

I did not feel well at all when I finally did get home. I laid down and took some Advil. Beth and I watched the Twins game and "High School Musical." I always said I hated it, but apparently I was just in a really bad mood the one time I watched it. It's really not so bad. And some of the music is really catchy.

Now I'm here, working on more stuff for school. Oh man, it'll be a miracle if I make it through this week and keep all of my meetings and trainings straight. Plus get through an interview. Ack!

Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Bartlett

To quote Dick & Bert... He's still swinging a "potent" bat. This is a step up from a good bat, or a hot bat. He was 2 for 4 with a homerun. Hopefully losing this one game does not put us back on a losing streak!

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

What time did you leave this morning? I didn't even hear you come downstairs. Thanks again for letting me crash and for dinner out at the Castle! It was fun to watch the Twins World Series Highlights with you! :)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I didn't come downstairs! I left at 8:15. No problem, come anytime. Sorry I had to go to bed early :(

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

No problem. I was pretty tired last night too ... Oh well that's why I didn't hear you then isn't it. I didn't get to finish "Hairspray" before my mom called that they were in town. Almost done though so I'll need to watch it again sometime! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home