Pretty in Pink

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'll call the end of a lacy pea!

After that uber exciting Twins blog, y'all get an update on my life. I'm so thankful that it's the weekend. I've been working hard on stuff for school, but at least I get to stay at home and relax a bit. But let's go back to Thursday.

Thursday - I ran over to Lucy's quick to learn how to give her cat medicine (which, by the way, is NOT as easy as it looked!) and say good-bye. I didn't cry though, so that was good. Then I headed over to Panera to meet Gary for lunch. It's always good to catch-up with him. Next up, I was off to school. I bound ABC books and printing books for my kiddos, cleaned off my desk, and then decided that I should come back home and get picture frames to bring to school. I was home for a few hours printing pictures and such and then drove back over to school. It's really exciting that my desk feels like it's mine now.

I had forgotten to give Lucy a little something that I had for her so I went back to her house. Whoops. We talked for a little while. I was impressed with her innovative packing skills (clothes in a fridge and fish bowl! Nice!). And then I had to say goodbye for real :( I came home and Chris came over. She and I talked for a really long time, it was good.

Friday - I picked-up Ilana and we went to school. It was her birthday, but she came in and helped Janet and me set-up our room. We put her to work stapling packets together for the kids to take home. We had sight words, letter, and number flash card packets. While she did that, Janet and I hung stuff up all over our room. I posted some pictures already. I'll post more when the room is totally done, which should be this week for "Meet the Teacher" Night.

After that, I took Ilana to the Olive Garden for lunch. Our waitress was not on top of things at all, but it was good food. We picked-up Beth and went to see "Hairspray" again. It was packed, but just as good as the first two times I'd seen it. After the movie, I took Ilana home, Beth and I ran some errands, and then finally came home.

I ran over to Lucy's house after dinner to take care of the kitties. Moonie (the one who needs medicine) came right into the kitchen and made my job really easy. All four cats seemed happy to see me, so I played with them for a little while before I came home.

Tim came over a little after 8. We watched some TV, talked, and then decided to go see "Hairspray." Tim hadn't seen it yet, so that was uber exciting! Yes, this does mean that I saw it four times in the same week. It's clearly my favorite movie of the summer!

Saturday - I woke-up and went right over to feed the cats. I was there for almost an hour, but could not catch Moonie. Grr. I was frustrated. I finally gave up and decided that I'd bring Beth with me in the evening and give her twice the amount. Lucy and her mom had said I could do that if I had to.

Once I was home, I worked most of the day. I've been doing laundry all day long. My mom came over for a few minutes to drop off pictures of me on my first day of Kindergarten. I took those and made a poster board for "Meet the Teacher" Night. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'll have to take a picture and post it sometime. I also made a volunteer form for parents to fill out and worked on my job application.

I was dead tired by 3 o'clock this afternoon, so I took a much needed (and deserved, I think) nap. When I got up, Beth and I watched an HBO special about the making of "Hairspray." It was quite exciting! Then we went back to Lucy's. Oh man, this was an adventure for sure. We trapped Moonie in a room, but it probably took us at least 15 or 20 minutes to get her. She knows exactly why I want her and I am pretty sure she hates me. I tried to use the towel the best I could, but she still bit me. Oh well, it wasn't too bad. Beth thinks I should wear gloves and long sleeves every time I try to do this. I'm a little stressed about it, but I'll manage, I'm sure.

Tonight was more of the same. I'm still plugging away on stuff for school. We also watched the Twins game. What's remarkable about that is that we watched it live. It's been a while since we've done that. Haha!

I have no idea why I'm still up right now. I think I better get to bed. Tomorrow will be more school stuff, but then Sarah's coming over. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

I'm not sure I understand this blog title??? Help??

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Beth was looking up lyrics online to "You Can't Stop the Beat." The person who had written them got confused...

Correct lyric: "And if they try to stop us, Seaweed, we'll call the NAACP!"

Lyric Online: "And if they try to stop us, Seaweed, we'll call the end of a lacy pea!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home