Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I guess I'm feeling brave...

I wasn't sure if I really wanted to blog about this or not, but apparently I'm feeling brave this morning. I have to get to school, so I'm going to try and make this quick. Hopefully it'll all make sense. I hope this doesn't come off as conceited or anything like that, because that's not at all what I mean. Well... Here goes...

I went to bed early last night and was reading from a book called "Ripples of Joy" by Cheryl Kirking. I've been reading this book off and on for a few years now. It's a collection of stories and song lyrics and things. It's really good, and I'd highly recommend it. Anyway, she ends each story with a quote or Bible verse that goes along with the story. One of the stories I read yesterday ended with a quote that really touched me. It's a Norwegian Proverb that translates to, "That which is loved is always beautiful."

I paused for a moment and then tears just started streaming down my face. Those of you who know me well will probably get this right away. I guess in that moment, I just felt beautiful. I don't know if this makes any sense. I feel so incredibly loved. By God, by my family and of course by my friends. And I have known that they see beauty in me that I just can't ever see myself.

I've been a lot better about this this summer. I actually had several times where I felt good about myself. And I'm hoping those times happen more and more. This quote showed me that I should have the confidence to feel beautiful and a part of that is because I am so loved.

I really have to run now, but hopefully you got the gist of that. Thanks again to all of my amazing friends who have been so patient with me over the years (or months) that we've been friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home