Pretty in Pink

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Inappropriate Hair Height

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I went to school in the morning to help Janet put some last minute stuff up (birthdays, tags for the coat hooks, names on the cubbies, etc.) Becky came down and congratulated me. I stared blankly and she realized that HR hadn't called me yet. She told me that I hadn't heard anything from her ;)

Janet's kids came at 9:30, so I left to come home. I ran a few errands and then went back to school at 11. I went to Applebee's for lunch with all of the other Kindergarten teachers except Janet (she had plans with her niece for lunch) and Heidi, who used to teach there but is now Jessica's GIP supervisor. Then the fun really began...

I had my kids for an hour and a half. 10 of them were suppose to come, but only 8 did. I showed them their coat hooks and we hung-up their backpacks. We went into the room and did a little "getting to know you" activity. We sang my two welcome songs that I want to do every day, read a story, went on a tour of the school, had snack, read another story, played a little inside, sang our end of the day song, and then played outside. My kids are amazing! The sure like to tell stories, but that I can deal with :)

After school, the assistant principal told me that they were offering me the job, even though he wasn't suppose to tell me that. He said HR should be calling. So I went home in a very good mood! A little before 5, HR did call and offered it to me officially. I'm going in tomorrow morning to sign my contract. Woot woot! I'm just a tad bit excited, can we tell?

To celebrate, Beth and I went to "Hairspray" again. We went to the late show, hoping no one else would be there and we could sing. Unfortunately, one couple came in :( Oh well, it was still fun!

I'm going to start something new at the end of my blogs. It will replace the B.O.D. when the Twins season ends. For now I will put it on some blogs, maybe all, I don't know yet. So here you go...

Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten: Kindergarteners don't know how to open milk cartons yet. I get to teach them that :P

You didn't think I wouldn't remember about my beloved, although terrible right now, Twins.

Monday's Score: 5-0 (shut-out by the Tribe. Ick!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Alexi Casilla

4 for 4! Are you kidding me?!? Whoa!

Tuesday's Score: 7-5 (This one hurt!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Justin Morneau

I haven't been able to give it to the Fiance recently because he's been sucking so bad. But today he was 3 for 5 with a bases clearing double! Woot woot! 3 RBIs, baby!

Little J-Rod had a good day too!

Ex-Boyfriend of the Day: Joe Nathan

Seriously! We had a lead until he blew-it. Then we lost in extra innings. Oh, painful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home