Pretty in Pink

Monday, September 10, 2007

Hello, Neighbor

I feel like I live at school. I think I kind of do. But when I'm there, time flies. And I love all the aspects of my job so far. I obviously love the time when the kids are there. But I also like preparing projects, thinking of activities, and planning my lessons.

This week is Bus Safety week. Today we painted buses. I was nervous because I knew I had to model the project. I am TERRIBLE at art and I just wasn't sure how my bus would turn out. But it's not horrible. Thank goodness! The kids' buses are super cute. I totally love them! I'm excited to hang them up in the hall/classroom after we finish them.

I was on my way to my parents' house after school. It was a little before 7, I think. And my phone rang. It was the one and only Kelly Castle. So I went to Noodles and had dinner with her and Amanda. Well, Amanda and I ate, Kelly watched us. It made me really happy to see them again. Second night in a row, baby! But it makes me sad to see Kelly so sad :( So Kelly, I LOVE YOU!!!

I was at my parents' for a little while laminating things for school. I laminated three class book covers, name tags, names for the Word Wall, and color cards for my centers. It was a good time :P Then, I got home and had a letter from Nate. It made me smile really big :) Yay for mail!

Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten: Do not leave out materials or supplies that the kids don't need to use. I gave them the seemingly simple task of writing their name, in pencil, on their page for our first class book. I had two write in marker and one color around their picture in marker. Oy vey!

Saturday's Score: 7-8 (I'm sick of losing!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Jose Morales

He went 3 for 3 in his Major League debut. Now THAT is impressive! Too bad he got hurt and will be out for the rest of the season. THAT is no bueno!

Sunday's Score: 5-2 (WE WIN!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Kubel

Kubel Khan went 2 for 4 with 1 run and 4 RBIs. Yay! His three-run homer definitely helped :)

5 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

One day from Laura, one day from Nate :) If you reply to that letter, i can promise you more :)

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Wow I'm impressed with the use of snail mail! I got a card today from the one and only Ellen Youngers! :) So thoughtful and so nice!

Someone should have mentioned that markers and children do not go well together. Did Jen tell you what Jake did on the way to AL on Friday?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

GO LECROY!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I've let the kids use markers before, and they can do it just fine. I just need to take the markers away when I don't intend for the kids to use them. Whoops.

I knew mi madre was sending you a card. I'm not that on top of things, CLEARLY! No, Jennie didn't tell me what Jake did.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Jennie gave Jake a purple marker in the car and he colored all over his face. Around his eyes! :) on his arms! Um needless to say he complained that it hurt when she was cleaning it off! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home