Pretty in Pink

Monday, October 08, 2007

Back to the Bubble

It's gonna be a long one... You're being warned :P

Well, I pretty much just had an amazing weekend. I left on Thursday right after school, I booked it out of town! I drove and drove and drove, but finally made it up to Moorhead and met Lucy at the bonfire. Pretty sure it took her a minute to even connect that I was standing right in front of her. Haha! After the bonfire, we went back and talked in Lucy's dorm room for a few hours. Man, time flies when you haven't talked in person in 6 weeks :)

I slept at Breanna's and it was really nice to see her. Friday afternoon, I headed back over to campus and met Lucy at her dorm. It was drizzling outside so we sat and talked some more. We did end up going on a campus tour and she showed me all of the cool, new stuff. Next up, I went with her to choir. It was really fun to listen to them, they're amazing!

I talked to Megan for a while and then went and sat in my car doing some lesson plans. After Lucy was done with bells, I went back to her room and watched her do her hair. Then we decided to play some cards. It was incredibly entertaining because we really butchered some games. Go Fish was pretty sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed our attempt at Old Maid. Ha! There is definitely no one on earth that I'd rather do that with than her.

I spent that night at Jenny and Chris's house. Chris made us the best dinner. Oh man, so good! It was Chicken Parmesgana and it was amazing! Anna, Josh, and Gage got there and we all sat and visited before bed.

I woke up Saturday and went back over to campus. I met up with Megan and then she and I went to meet Kayla and Brian. The four of us watched the parade together. The parade was a tad boring, but it always is. I still had a really good time. After that, Lucy and Megan and I went to lunch at the new DS. Holy moly, they have so many more choices than we did. JEALOUS!

From there, Lucy and I went to the football game. Go Cobbers! I ran into one of my favorite ed profs ever, so that was super fun! We left after the half-time show and on the way back, ran into my friend, Andrea. It was super exciting to run into people all over the place :)

At this point, Miss Lucy needed a nap. I went to the bookstore and bought some new Cobber gear. Then, I went to Target to get a picture developed. And then I headed back over to Chris and Jenny's to change. After a short time of sitting and doing nothing, I went back to campus for the Homecoming concert. I won't go into detail, but it was LOOONG! I did love the song that the hand bell choir did with the band and, of course, I loved the choir.

I made Lucy walk me to my car so I could talk to her for a few minutes, and then I drove over to Fargo to meet Kayla and Brian at Outback. Yeah, I was only 45 minutes late. Whoops! We had dinner and then went to the Holiday Inn to play some Black Jack. It was a fun night.

On Sunday, I got up and went to All-Campus Worship with Lucy. We talked in the Hoyum lobby for a few minutes, she gave me one final pep talk, and then it was time to head to the pool. I was so nervous to swim in the Alumni meet, but I actually had a blast! I swam the 100 Sidestroke, the 100 Partner Race (which I actually only had to swim a 50 for), and the 200 Dog Paddle Relay (again, I only had to swim a 50). Our team, the NACs (Narcoleptic Albino Chipmunks) beat the Bus Drivers. It was so much fun to see all of the Alumni and meet the new swimmers.

Lucy kindly let me check my e-mail quick and then I went to kill some time. I decided to get my hair cut, naturally :P She cut off two inches, and gave me bangs. I think I like it though.

My final stop of the night, more time with Lucy. We talked with Bart for a few minutes in her dorm room and then went to Bennigan's for dinner. After dinner, we played more cards (the right way!) and then the drama began. I had some stomach trouble, but made it through. We finished off our night by going to Sunday Night at East. I'm really glad that I stayed to have the time with Lucy on Sunday night.

I left Moorhead around 10:15 and talked to Sarah for the whole three hours I was in the car. I decided I couldn't make it home, so I stayed at Sarah's house. I am so thankful that I have such amazing friends who have such great places for me to stay ;)

That pretty much covers it. I had a fantastic weekend and now I wish I was back in Moorhead. I can't wait to go back next month :P

2 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

What are you going back to Concordia for in November? I can't believe that I'm still up. Anyway, sounds like you had a great weekend! :) Glad we got more then just the Twins season wrap up! I get to see you in a few days and I can't wait. See you Thursday!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mac Man said...

That's a busy weekend! And yes, I'm way behind in my blog reading...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home