Pretty in Pink

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm shy; I'm like a turtle

Yesterday was a great day. Since I already included my morning at church, I'll pick up at the Twins game...

Lucy's parents were nice enough to give me free Twins tickets! Beth, Matt, and I got to go to the last home game of the season. It was super fun! First of all, the game was great. We were on fire! Slowey pitched a gem and we had some great offense going on. It is also possible that it was Torii's last home game as a Twin. The atmosphere was electric. When he left the field for the last time, I couldn't hold back the tears. I can't even express how if felt to be in the Dome today. But I am very grateful to Lucy's parents for giving me the chance to be there! (Our seats rocked too! 4th row, by the bull pen, baby!)

Okay, I have to back up a minute...

Saturday's Score: 8-3 (Ouch!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Jason Kubel

Kubel Khan hit a two run homer! Woot woot :D

Sunday's Score: 1-7 (Heck yes!)
Boyfriend of the Day: Michael Cuddyer

I really could have chosen any number of players today. They had a truly great game. But I have to go with Cuddles. He was 2 for 4 with 4 (yes, you heard me right!) RBIs!

After the game, my mom made me come over for dinner. It was nice to sit (on the floor because we have their couch now!) and eat burgers with Beth and the rents. I don't take enough time to hang-out with my family anymore, so it was good.

Next up, back to school. Haha! I got a lot done and was able to have a really good talk with Jamie, one of the first grade teachers. And Lucy called while I was there. I love talking to Lucy. Our conversations keep getting longer and longer. Ha! We're now under two weeks until I get to go to Moorhead and see her! Yay! I'm so excited; I can't wait!

The other exciting thing that happened was that Laura called me... finally :P I think we talked for about 45 minutes. I have definitely missed talking to her. And that's about all I've got because now it's time for school! :)

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Why do you have the rents couch? Did yours finally die!?!???! I'm glad that you had a good time at the game. I hope that you weren't in too much trouble with Matt and Beth for being late! :) Sorry about that ...

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Oh yeah, and BTW I have to comment on the title ... Janet claims she's like a turtle and shy but I don't think so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home