Pretty in Pink

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Would you like to buy some... Chicken eggs?!

I didn't blog for almost a month, and now you're getting two in one weekend. You can close your mouths now :P

So yesterday, we drove to Mankato for Matt's swim meet. Ashleigh and Megan came to our house around 11 and then my parents picked the four of us up from here. We decided that it would be really fun to play Smarty Party in the car. Especially because Beth just got the expansion pack so we finally had some new cards to play with (we've been through the whole original deck). Here were some of my favorite categories and answers that were given.

Most popular ways to prepare an egg:
"Chicken Egg?" - Megan

Countries in Africa that start with G, H, I, J, K, or L:
"Peru?" - Ashleigh

Catholic Pope's names:
"Benedict?" - Ashleigh (correct!)
"Arnold?" - Megan

MLB, NBA, or NFL team nicknames that are birds:
"Magpies?" - Ashleigh

Cuts of steak:
"Cow butt?" - Beth (it wasn't her real answer, we were just brainstorming :P)

We had to stop in Waseca for Dad to go to the bathroom. We stopped at this little gas station and they only had an outside bathroom. He took the key, and then came back in. He broke the key in the lock. Haha! So then we piled back into the car and he tried to drive away before Beth was in. And then, to top it all off, he almost hit another car while we were trying to get out of the parking lot.

When we got to Mankato, we were trying to move things around in the car so Ashleigh and Megan could get out of the back. I accidentally knocked the Smarty Party cards over and barely caught them before some fell into the snow. They got a little mixed up and Beth nearly killed me. We kept giving her crap about it and she said, "That's not funny. It's traumatizing!"

We made it to the meet and Emmalee met us there. The meet was super close. It came down to the last relay. If MSU had won the relay, they would have won the meet by 1 point. But we didn't let that happen! We won the last relay and walked away with the win. Matt had a good meet, too. It was nice for all of us to be there. But we were rather loud and obnoxious while he swam :P

After the meet, we ate at Johnny B's Bar and Beef. We assumed it would be a burger place. But no... They only had like 4 menu items. Roast Beef, Chicken, Ham, and then some appetizers. It was interesting.

On the drive home, it started snowing. We got passed by a semi and then Dad couldn't see anything. By the time we could see again, we had accidentally taken an exit. Haha! We would have known that we were on the exit if any of us had been looking at the GPS (which Beth and I named Emma Emma). Oh well.

And my last two memories... First, Ashleigh kept messing with Beth's hair. Beth was hitting her and she said, "Stop touching my hair! Do you know how long it takes me to get it to look like this!" Which was funny because she rolled out of bed after Ashleigh and Megan got to our house. Haha!

When we drove through Dodge Center, I said "Merry Christmas" because it was on a building. Ashleigh's response was, "Julie New Year." I looked at her all confused and said, "Who's Julie New Year?" "I don't know, who's Mary Christmas?!" Seriously, I was crying because I was laughing so hard. It took me forever to pull myself together.

Anyway, it was a fun day. Go Huskies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home