Pretty in Pink

Monday, August 28, 2006

Did ya miss me?

Well, I’m sure that some of you have missed me… Or, not so much… But I am just returning home from a much needed vacation! I have oh, so much to blog about. But, instead of putting it all in one blog, it’s in two different places. So, if you want to read about the other part of the trip, go to my MySpace.

I could very easily give you an entire run-down of my trip, but that would take FOREVER! Here are my highlights!

We stopped at a Burger King for dinner on Thursday night. The bathroom had an automatic sink and we could not get it to turn on. Beth decided it would be a good idea to “scare” the sink. She would go into the corner and hide and then jump out to try and startle it on. Kari and I were almost on the floor laughing. When we finally came out of the bathroom, Matt just stared at us. Apparently, the whole place heard our hysterics!

On Friday we headed out to Cedar Point. First of all, it’s beautiful! There is just nothing like riding up to the top of a 300 foot tall roller coaster and looking out over the lake. It was so amazing to see God’s creation like that! I loved it!

On top of that, Cedar Point had the 2 most amazing roller coasters I have ever been on! We started the day heading to Top Thrill Dragster. We knew that it would probably have long lines all day, so we wanted to make sure we got to ride it. We also knew that it has a tendency to break down and didn’t want that to become a factor either. All 4 of us love roller coasters and yet, as we waited in line, 3 of us were not so sure we could do it. Staring up at this thing was just incredible. It is 420 feet, straight up and over. The thing launches you at 120 mph to get over. The train takes off so fast; it’s incredibly loud and a bit frightening. Kari, Matt, and I were getting more and more nervous. As we approached the station, Matt noticed a sign that explained that the train doesn’t always make it over the top. Oh great, just what I wanted to know. Sure enough, one of the trains went up, and then came back down before going over the top. Ahhhhh!

So we finally got up there and get all strapped in. I looked over at Beth and said, “You know we’re not going to make it up, right?” And she laughed. As we sat there waiting, which is by far the worst part, I got more and more scared. We finally took off. There is no feeling in the world like going from 0 to 120 in less than 4 seconds! We went up, and up, and up… And then came hurling backwards toward the ground. Yep, we did not make it over! So, we sat there some more. The workers came over and asked if we were okay to try again, or if we wanted to get off. By that point, I was fine. It was so fun, I was ready to go! I figure we got really lucky because we basically got to do it twice! The second time, we made it over without a problem. The coming down forward part was insane! I seriously felt like I was going to fall straight to the earth. It was the BEST roller coaster ride EVER!

Cedar Point has 16 roller coasters. I loved Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force. Millennium Force reaches 310 feet and hits speeds of 93 mph. It’s an insanely fast and super fun coaster! I’d highly recommend it :)

We rode almost all of the coasters at Cedar Point. Several were very jerky and I started to feel pretty sick. There also weren’t many lines, and so we had ridden 6 coasters in less than 3 hours. We wanted to fit in 1 more before lunch so we headed over to the Iron Dragon. I was really not feeling well, I felt insanely sick to my stomach. But, Beth said it looked pretty mild and that I should just try it. As soon as we neared the station at the end of the ride, I just knew I was going to lose it. I ran off that ride and tried to push past people, but to no avail. I threw-up all over the place. All over myself (and sadly, the poor girl behind me), all over the exit ramp, railing, just everywhere! It was horrible! We had to go to buy a new shirt because of how big of a mess I’d made. Of course, I felt much better after that :)

For the rest of the day, I took it easy. Only riding things with big hills, no more going upside down for me! Because I threw-up after riding Iron Dragon, I got the nickname Spewing Dragon and was called by that name for the rest of the trip.

We did get to ride the two best roller coasters twice each, so that was awesome! I’d go back to Cedar Point in a heartbeat. But I’m staying away from Iron Dragon forever!

Today’s Tidbit: I got my first subbing call on Friday. Unfortunately, I was in Sandusky, Ohio and couldn't take the job. It was for 1st grade too! I was sad. But I'm sure there will be more!

3 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I definitely missed you, Spewing Dragon, and I can't wait to see you and the rest of the crew in 20 days!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you in that movie "Crouching Tiger..." No, never mind. That was something else.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

Oh man... rollercoasters... scary stuff dude. Well I'm not really scared of them, I'm just scared of puking after them. Stupid motion sickness. But I am deffently pumped to see you on Sunday! (Well hopefully!) It shall be a fun time =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home