Pretty in Pink

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Jellious Much?


I was sitting at home, relaxing and starting to think that maybe I should start packing and getting ready to go soon when my phone rang. I answered it and it was Christine from my table. She wanted to know if we were getting together before the Agape Celebration. Apparently, I didn't get any of the e-mails that people sent. Stupid technology! Thus began me rushing around trying to get out of town.

I drove to Stewartville to pick up Brandon and we headed to Owatonna to meet up with our table. We went to Blast and had ice cream. It was Christine, Joe, Brandon, and me and then Laura came too. We walked and ate in the misting rain. It was good. Then, we headed to the church for the dance.

I had a blast! It was fun to sit with Nate and pick songs. My favorite two moments were when I ran out to my car, grabbed my iPod, and then played "Jumping in the House of God." An oldie, but a goody. Then, I totally loved our Champion fused with "Move." Too classic.

After the dance, we headed to Perkins. Nate stole my phone and called Ben & Greg. Laura and I split some pancakes. And Ruth didn't cave in and get the Half and Half, very smart girl!

Next up... A trip to Wal-Mart! There were some very creepy guys following us around, but we made it out of there and safely back to Laura's house. We hung-out in Laura's room for awhile and then talked to Ruth when she came home from work. After that, we played a rousing game of Apples to Apples. I was behind the entire game, but I came back and won in the end. I don't know why, but I always get the bad green cards... Hmmm, is that saying something about me? I had so much fun getting to know Abby & Shayla better. And, it is always good to spend time with Nate, Dan, and Laura!

Finally, we went to bed. I'm not even going to mention what time it was! We woke up this morning and headed to the bagel shop. I had a heavenly breakfast, a Maple French Toast bagel with butter and cinnamon and sugar. Oh, it was good! And Jodi was working and she had old TEC pictures. Haha, we got to see pictures of Ben!

We had to say goodbye to the Sibley East folk and then Laura and I went back to her house. We cleaned up her basement and then went for a walk. It was really good. I finally left around 4 and came home. I had an amazing time! And, unlike Nate, I did it without spending very much money :P

Today's Tidbit: I've been reconnecting with a lot of old friends lately. I love that! I'm meeting up with Erin for dinner on Monday and I think I'm having lunch with Sarah this week too. Yeah!

7 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

He may have stole your phone and called people. But at least he didn't take pictures of urinals with it. Yuck...

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha, good point!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

haha.. silly Nate.. what will he do next! Honestly though.. Ben Hoogland as a youth.. priceless.. TEC Stud of the Year

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Pretty sure he was an adult in those pictures... Cuz wasn't he an SD in one?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

you just look young.. it was pre-"hip facial hair" for you ben

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I don't even know which TEC they were from, but Jodi had them... So early 40's? There was one of you and the other SD, I think... And then one of you two and Jodi...

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Were these kind of like "GQ Ben" pictures? Like his one on the council page?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home