Pretty in Pink

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Honk if you think Pluto should still be a planet!


So by now, we all know that Pluto got booted from the list of Planets. Let's all take a moment and grieve our loss. Okay, so now that we have that out of our system...

I don't think Pluto's coming back, so we best come up with some new mnemonic Devices for helping youngsters remember our planets!
Beth and I didn't want to stray to far from our old favorite, "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas!" and came up with, "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Noodles!" I know, I know, we deserve and award for our creativity!

The USA Today printed some new suggestions. Now, first of all, they were wrong on what the original was, so I'm not sure I put too much stock in their new ideas. I think we can do better people, so let's roll!

-My Very Extravagant Mother Just Sent Us Nachos
-My Very Elderly Mother Just Sits Up Nights
-Major Volcanoes Erupt, Making Jolts, Shaking, Unsteadying Nerves
-Make Very Extraordinary Meals of Jell-O, Strawberries, and Unsalted Nuts
-Mary's Violet Eyes Make Jack Stare Until Noticed

*And, they listed one more that I do not feel is appropriate to list here...

Today's Tidbit: Fantasy Football Draft = Interesting :)

5 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My very exciting moth just sued us, naturally.

That will be the winning phrase.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

*honk* Pluto was always my favorite planet... but now I guess it's more like me... cause I'm a midget... and it's called a "dwarf planet"... yah for the little ones!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I still think the winning phrase will come from The Colbert Report:

My Very Educated Mother Just Said, "Uh-oh! No Pluto!"

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

haha.. i loved Colbert Report yesterday "All you have to be is round to be a planet now?"

and honestly.. interviewing Neil Young,king of Classic Rock, amazing!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I read your comment about needing a bigger iPod on Jennie's blog, and I figured I'd say if you do happen to get a bigger one and are planning on selling the one you have I know of a kid who might be willing to buy it from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home