Pretty in Pink

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Century Football


I have always been a big fan of high school football. When I was in elementary and middle school I would beg my dad to take me to all of the JM home games. Now that I'm back in Rochester, I still try to go to Century games when I can. Matt, Kari, and I even drove to several of the away games last year. I have been to 2 of our games so far this season, and we've won them both. Last night, we beat Owatonna 40 to 6.

It was a great game and I had a blast! We sat with Laura and Matt in the Owatonna Tailgaters section. I had a good time. I am sorry that Century had to crush them for their homecoming game, but I think they kinda saw it coming.

I have high hopes for the Panthers in the Big 9 this year. Before the season started everyone was raving about how good Mayo would be this year. The Spartans are now 4-1 with a loss last week to Mankato West. We're the only undefeated (5-0) team in the conference! Whoo hoo! Mankato West is also at 4-1. Their only loss was to Century. Then JM, Owatonna, Faribault, and Mankato East are all at 3-2. Austin, Albert Lea, and Winona round on the conference, all at 0-5.

With only three games left in the regular season, I'm expecting great things from my Panthers! We still have to play JM, Winona, and Mayo. Both of our cross-town games are at home, so that should be fun! The best part is that I know our star player. He's the student conductor for the Concert Choir so I got to meet him when I subbed up there. It's quite exciting :)

Go Panthers!

Today's Tidbit: I really don't miss living in the dorms. I spent the night in my brother's dorm room last night. I did not sleep well, but that's okay cuz I had fun anyway!

6 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I'm laughing at the fact that AL is 0-5....it makes me chuckle....

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

well I'm super pumped that West is 4-1. Woot!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my school hates the name Leon now. Wait, it has now been confirmed.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh sad, I like Leon! He's a cool kid :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I like Dion Tino....he's a character....

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

Ok, AL football has never been good. I think that we have the longest record of consecutive loses in the Conference. We hardly ever won a game when I was in high school. But Aaron you don't need to laugh at us ... now Hockey that's our sport! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home