Pretty in Pink

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The joys of being a high school choir teacher?


So I subbed for the Century choir teacher again yesterday. I had a great day, it was so much fun! I wish I could sub there every day. Here is a rundown of my day:


7:25 - Arrive at Century and check in at the office
7:30 - Sit in the choir office and read my book
9:30 - Listen to Lucy conduct the Treble Choir
10:30 - Listen to Leon conduct the Concert Choir
11:30 - Sit in the office some more, eat my lunch, read my book... Listen to the pop choirs rehearse for their upcoming shows and listen to Katie and Bryce practice for Katie's dad's wedding
1:30 - Listen to Drew and Katie conduct the Panther Choir (aka the freshmen choir), talk to Lucy for a while, and talk to other Concert Choir students who come in during their open hour to help out
2:30 - Prepare a note of how the day went for the teacher and read some more :)
3:15 - Head out for the day

It has got to be one of the easiest jobs ever! The student conductors are awesome and now that they're getting more comfortable with me, it's super fun. I really hope I get to sub there again! Plus, I love listening to everyone sing. I think I'm going to go to their fall concert since I've heard them practicing their pieces for it. I cannot get this one song, Voice Dance, out of my head. I love it!

Today's Tidbit: I caught two students making out behind the risers. It was a little on the awkward side. They didn't even care that there were about 8 other kids in the room or that I walked in. They just kept right on going.

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger uncle tim said...

wow....that's just weird. I won't even hold Karen's hand in public (ok, sometimes, but I'm an anti-PDA freak)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

bahhhahahaha I'm still laughing over that. PDA just kind of ticks me off. I mean honestly. Save it until after school. What bothers me more than anything though, is when I'm like 3rd or 5th wheel while hanging out with some of my friends... gahh I want to stab my eyes out with a fork because of all the pda. Bothers me...

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I concur with the dislike of PDA that is surrounding this blog and its comments.

'nuf said....

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

ok, i just want to comment on the fact that you got paid to read your book ... I want your job! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home