Pretty in Pink

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Words of Wisdom


The day finally came... I had to move my brother into college. You will all probably, hopefully, be impressed to know that I did not cry. Not one tear was shed. Although, I truly expected to bawl and have no idea why I didn't. Anyway, it was a pretty fun day. Minus the waking up at 6 to drive to St. Cloud and then the doing nothing for 3 hours because of how early we were. Thanks Mom!


We did eat lunch at Space Aliens. I love that place! And I bought some super fun stuff. Matt's room is about the smallest dorm room I have ever seen. It was so dirty too! Our family has had 8 move-ins before this one. We had never seen a room that small, and definitely not one that disgusting!

I got off the hook and only had to take up two loads of stuff. After that, Beth and I stayed in the room and organized, made his bed, things like that. It was great fun :) Matt's roommate, Jamie, is nice. His parents were funny and nice too. I think it'll be good. Jamie swims too, so they'll be there to get each other up for their morning practices.

Before we left, Beth took Matt's magnetic message board and left him messages with the College Magnetic Poetry we bought for him. Most of it is "advice" for him, some are just random. I am now going to share them with you. Bear in mind a few things. First, my sister came up with them. Ok, yep, that's pretty much all you need to know. If you know Beth, I think you'll understand :)

- inhale philosophy, not weed
- never sleep with a call girl
- my brother is smart
- do not drink tequila naked
- pizza is life
- live for vacation
- I am drunk
- kegs are food
- learning hurts
- come to class; skip an exam
- a good roommate will smell like beer
- your sisters love you (usually)
- stay in bed late
- study or dance
- ace the test
- borrow money
- more brain than jock
- write a research paper on a sorority hottie to graduate

Today's Tidbit: Matt won me 300 tickets at Space Aliens so that I could get a 5-foot tall inflatable alien :D

9 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

That first one is going on my Philosophy and World Religions teacher's board in the morning....

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Haha, that's awesome!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Sarah B. said...

What are you going to do with a 5 ft inflatable alien?

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You will see :P

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

Mr. Fred enjoyed the phrase....

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

oh no... wait wait wait. Alien... I remember Laura playing some song and Matt like freaked out over it being the so called "alien song" (still confused) but let me guess... you're bring that 5ft alien to the TEC weekend for some reason or another? hahaha oh goodnes... wait 5ft?! that's only an inch shorter than I am...

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

**I forgot to mention that Laura said that we will all get very sick of the "alien song" over the weekend. That's part of why I assumed you're bringing it to TEC.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Giesenator said...

Haha.. Five Feet tall aliens.. can we name him Herbert?

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You can name him whatever you want to Nate :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home