Pretty in Pink

Saturday, October 07, 2006

"I shanked a cop once."


Well, I was pretty deflated today after the Twins lost :( It was a great season, and I guess it's now time to look towards next year! I was so annoyed by that call at home plate though. Hunter was totally safe! Gosh that irritates me!


Ok, on to happier news. I did something tonight that I wouldn't have ever done before. Matt called me around 6 and was stuck in traffic. He knew he'd miss the first half of the Century/JM game. I considered waiting for him and going late, but I really wanted to see the whole game. So... I went by myself. I sat right at mid-field and cheered my team on. Matt got there at the end of half-time, so that was good. Century beat JM in our first cross-town rivalry game of the season. We won 30 to 6. So yeah! Leon rushed for over 200 yards, making it over 1000 on the season. It was a great game!

Here are the Big 9 Standings after tonight's games:
1. Rochester Century 6-0
2. Mankato West 5-1
2. Rochester Mayo 5-1
4. Mankato East 4-2
5. Faribault 3-3
5. Owatonna 3-3
5. Rochester JM 3-3
8. Albert Lea 1-5
9. Austin 0-6
9. Winona 0-6

I believe I have that right :) We play Winona next Friday and then our last game of the season is home against Mayo. It's going to be an incredible game on the Wednesday night before MEA weekend (aka TEC #65). I'm so excited! Go Panthers!

Today's Tidbit: Beth, Matt, and I were playing Pac-Man Fever tonight. Matt and I kept saying, "Oh, I shanked that one." We were referring to our batting during Homerun Castle. Anyway, Beth's comeback was, "I shanked a cop once."

3 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

At first I thought it was a legit call at home, until they showed one of the angles (ump at the right of the screen, almost directly behind home). That one proved Hunter was safe. Plus, he wouldn't have been as peeved if he was out....

I was getting ready to leave just before the A's scored 4 in the 7th, so I missed that....

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Shayla Michelle said...

Ahh it seems to me that Rochester & Mankato are some pretty sweet towns with some amazing football teams ;)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger A. Bauer said...

I forgot to ask Beth about the cop-shaking story....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home